ENTERTAINMENT JOURNALISM OVERVIEW
If you dream of a career as an Journalist, Editor, Social Media Manager, Copywriter, Publicist or Blogger the Diploma of Entertainment Journalism is for you.
Throughout the Diploma you are taught and mentored by industry experts who are currently working as entertainment journalists for major online and print media, social media managers for major brands and publicists for fashion and lifestyle brands. You will work with a range of equipment including our Melbourne CBD campus TV studio, contribute to our own entertainment online media outlet, be mentored in small class sizes and will be introduced to a range of industry contacts.
You will undertake fundamental units such as feature writing, social media, video and digital journalism, entertainment, lifestyle, fashion, music, performance and screen journalism. Students also gain a well-rounded understanding of the media industry in Australia and overseas.
Entertainment Journalism Diploma
The Diploma of Entertainment Journalism is ideal for students wanting to work in journalism and media for the entertainment industries. The diploma can be completed in three trimesters of full-time study and you have the opportunity to progress into the Bachelor of Journalism at Macleay College (subject to academic performance).
Throughout the Diploma, you will:
- Discover journalism across Music, Fashion, Film, Television and Lifestyle
- Develop your research, writing and communication skills
- Understand best practice in the current media landscape
- Expand your knowledge and experience in video and digital journalism
- Gain an in-depth understanding of publicity, social media and feature writing
- Secure valuable insight into the entertainment industry and access career pathways